5th Annual Front Porch Norwalk Series!
Wednesday, June 8th, 2022
Wednesday, July 13th, 2022
Wednesday, August 10th, 2022
Hometown Pride is proud to partner with the Norwalk Police Department for a series of neighborhood summer events called Front Porch Norwalk. The concept is simple: a neighbor steps forward to be a host, invites their neighbors, and pulls out their lawn chairs on their porches, driveways and lawns! Front Porch Norwalk brings neighborhoods together to foster communication, and public safety.
We are looking for as many neighborhoods as possible to join in this partnership and help Norwalk build community. All communities in Norwalk are welcome, including apartment complexes. Our very own Norwalk police officers and city officials will make the rounds to neighborhoods that register for each event to say “hello” and perhaps provide some fun of their own!
By hosting you agree to:
1. Pick a time that works for you on the dates selected, between 6:00pm and 8:00pm.
2. Register your neighborhood on Norwalk Hometown Pride FB page. @NorwalkHometownPride
3. Get the word out to your neighborhood, be it through door knocking, flyers, or posting to your neighborhood Facebook group. We encourage you to have a signal, like a flamingo or some other item, to let your neighbors know your front porch (driveway or yard) is open.
4. Place some lawn chairs out in your driveway and say “Hello” to your neighbors as they arrive to socialize.
5. Enjoy conversation!
6. When the evening ends, put your chair away, and call it a day.
Communication among neighbors is key to creating a small-town atmostphere that, in turn, will increase public safety. It’s a win-win for us all! Come out on your porch (or driveway) and join!
*Note: This event is for all residents within Norwalk city limits. Cumming residents can sign up with Cumming Hometown Pride, who is doing “Front Porch Cumming” on the same nights as us this year!*
For questions, please contact email@example.com